Visual Merchandiser Careers
Interested in a career as a Visual Merchandiser? If you have a great sense of style, good sense of color and texture, and pay attention to detail, this could be the career for you. The primary role or job function of a Visual Merchandiser is to present a store’s apparel and accessories in an attractive way and to follow up on sales activities to ensure that the displays are moving product. Visual Merchandisers are responsible for planning and presenting window and in-store displays, making sure that the store is visually appealing and that specific product sales are reaching maximum potential. In addition, a Visual Merchandiser may also train and coach co-workers about visual merchandising and garment presentation.
VISUAL MERCHANDISER EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Visual Merchandiser job openings usually require at least an associate’s degree in fashion merchandising or a related field and at least 2-years experience in retail visual merchandising.
SAMPLE VISUAL MERCHANDISER JOB DESCRIPTION
Provides the ultimate guest in-store experience of the brand through excellent visual merchandising and presentation execution in order to drive sales and maximize profitability.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
Drive branding and business objectives/sales through excellent execution of visual merchandising and presentation.
Utilize all company tools, visual talent, and knowledge to plan, map, and execute monthly floorsets incorporating appropriate store specific adaptations as necessary.
In partnership with Regional Visual Manager, identify store/market specific nuances. Develop and implement brand appropriate solutions to address these unique needs.
In partnership with store management, continually analyze and respond to business/selling trends, assortment needs, and guest feedback–proactively adapt merchandising and presentations as needed.
Store expert for brand merchandising and presentation standards, and responsible for training store team members to help improve their skills.
Ensure all signing and graphics are installed and maintained to company standards.
Maintain two-way communication with appropriate partners regarding visual merchandising and store maintenance.
Greet all guests with a genuine/authentic smile and personalized offer to help with their shopping needs when appropriate.
Actively participate in store-related meetings, training sessions, and store visits.
Receptive to feedback and coaching.
Verify merchandise status with the Stock Coordinator and ensure the status coincides with merchandise placement plan.
Reference, share, and apply product knowledge information on an ongoing basis.
Personally support each season’s trends and the brand’s forward direction through uniforming and personal appearance as outlined in the company dress code policy.
Maintain neat, orderly, and accessible, prop and sign storage areas.
As requested, provide timely photos to Regional Visual Manager and corporate visual team documenting execution of a given project.
Provide ongoing written feedback to Regional Visual Manager and corporate visual team on merchandising/presentation strenghts and opportunities.
Participate in cleaning and upkeep of the physical store at the direction of store management.
Embrace, articulate, and reflect Core Values.
Demonstrate Core Values in all business decisions and actions.
Commit to maintain the culture through the evolution of the business.
Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
EXPERIENCE, TALENT AND EDUCATION
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in visual merchandising and presentation. Specialty retailer preferred.
- Strong demonstrated visual merchandising/presentation skills–detail oriented and self-motivated to execute to the highest standards.
- Innovative thinker/problem solver.
- Knowledgeable of current fashion and visual merchandising trends and able to effectively interpret/apply to our brand.
- Able to read and analyze retail reports and take action as necessary to adjust merchandising and presentation set ups.
- Proficient with basic computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook), digital photography, and basic photo software.
- Strong interpersonal skills–written and verbal communication; listening and follow through. Able to articulate and explain ideas and concepts.
- Guest service experience and awareness.
- Strong time management skills. Ability to set and achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational and process planning skills.