Marketing Manager Careers – Fashion Industry
A career as a Marketing Manager in the fashion industry can be very exciting and rewarding. As a Marketing Manager, you may be tasked with making major marketing decisions on behalf of a national or international fashion or retail brand, you may head up marketing for a specific product line, or you may be in charge of a specific department within the brand. Marketing Managers play a pivotal role in helping to keep fashion and retail brands fresh in the minds of consumers. Check out the sample job description below to see exactly what some of the tasks, responsibilities and job requirements are for a Marketing Manager in the Fashion Industry.
MARKETING MANAGER – FASHION INDUSTRY SAMPLE JOB DESCRIPTION
The Marketing Manager oversees and implements the execution and production of marketing initiatives and creative collateral in support of the sales teams for contemporary women’s brands; directs the development of creative strategies to ensure consistent overall branding message – from promotions, events, tradeshow, to national advertising, to social media platforms and outreach; oversees production of all photo shoots; manages the day-to-day aspect of the marketing team’s revolving projects, including point-of-sale materials, visual merchandising, tradeshow booth collateral and promotions.
The Marketing Manager will work with the internal corporate marketing team, as well as the VP of Marketing to contribute to and help drive the development of the brands. He/she will maintain direct, hands-on responsibility for the execution of day-to-day marketing department activities relating to the brands.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help manage the creative development process and all projects that flow through the department.
- Manage all production, planning and on-set follow through of photo shoots, in studio (look book) and on location (ad campaigns) – negotiate contracts, select models, photographers, locations, studio, artists, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with cross functional departments.
- Build relationships with license partners to grow the business while staying on-brand.
- Work with the PR manager for product placement and celebrity seeding initiatives.
- Responsible for budget development, reconciliation, and allocation in support of the VP of Marketing.
- Update/educate internal teams on marketing communications, best practice strategies.
- Provide tradeshow creative support
- Assist with development of brand strategy and initiatives.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to develop innovative creative work that’s in line with brand strategy.
- Attention to detail in writing, editing for PR as well as on set for campaign shoots.
- Strong conceptual and problem solving skills.
- An enthusiastic collaborator who is open to other people’s ideas.
- Assists with amending, revising or redeveloping brand strategies in response to feedback from the creative team and corporate direction.
- Reviews trends, research, consumer surveys, and other relevant data to help formulate and inform creative approach.
- Works on several projects at once, under tight deadlines.
- Works hand in hand with production vendors on set/in the field and ensures proper follow through to meet expectations.
- Attends and/or directs all pre and post production photo editing sessions and ensures images, catalogs and other creative collateral meet brand needs.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Journalism
- Minimum 5 years experience in project or account management.
- Strong leadership qualities and effective team motivator
- Proficient in Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and other applications