Licensing Manager Careers – Fashion Industry
A career as a Licensing Manager in the fashion industry can be very exciting and rewarding. Check out the sample job description below to see exactly what some of the tasks, responsibilities and job requirements are for a Licensing Manager in the Fashion Industry.
LICENSING MANAGER SAMPLE JOB DESCRIPTION:
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage product and packaging development and ensure flow of information is communicated between our internal design teams and licensee.
- Assist in developing seasonal merchandising plans and inspiration boards that align with brand strategy.
- Manage design calendars, scheduling and recapping of design meetings.
- Shop market on a seasonal basis, understand trends, and create competitive analyses and pricing charts for each product category. Recommend new opportunities in product, positioning and POS.
- Work on seasonal programs in collaboration with internal wholesale teams. Identify product and presentation strategies for key volume driving time periods (ie. Holiday, Mother’s Day)
- Be the expert on markets
- Support Director in developing category specific marketing plans and communicate global marketing needs of licensee
- Work with Marketing on approving global media plans submitted by licensee: Marketing plans include: Outdoor Billboards, Feature Shots, Point of Sale, Window promotions, Brand Standards Guide, Coop Advertising, Social Media, etc.
- Partner with Creative team and complete creative briefs to provide visuals and marketing materials to licensee
- Manage category specific photography and sample distribution for all International Press Offices, catalog needs, and other marketing needs
- Collaborate with PR on licensee press releases, PR days, gifting and other PR related events
Sales and Distribution:
- Manage global assortments and ensure execution at retail stores, shop-in-shops, and key accounts in conjunction with Country Managers
- Communicate internal distribution strategies to licensee and synergize with corporate initiatives to gain global market share
- Attend market appointments and have regular communication with licensee to discuss sales performance, marketing and distribution opportunities globally
- Review monthly royalty statements with Director and work with licensee on annual forecasts and in-season re-forecasts
- Request and prepare monthly sales and product best seller analysis
- Support Director in project managing shop-in-shop development, manage fixture development , and make recommendations on improved positioning and increased branding at point of sale.
- Approve licensee distribution strategies; accounts and new markets
- Bachelor degree
- 5+ years of experience in Licensing and/or Marketing or Buying preferred
- Experience with accessories and fragrance preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of management – internal and external
- Detail oriented
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and accountability for business
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize
- Strong presentation and collaboration skills
- Word, Excel, and Powerpoint proficiency