Graphic Design Careers – Fashion Industry
A career as a Graphic Designer in the fashion industry can be fun and rewarding. As a Graphic Designer, you’ll likely be responsible for creating the brand’s in-store marketing materials and displays, direct mail catalogs and other marketing collateral. Check out the sample job description below to see exactly what some of the tasks, responsibilities and job requirements are for a Graphic Designer in the Fashion Industry.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER SAMPLE JOB DESCRIPTION
Supports and assists the Sr. Graphic Designer with the development and design of marketing collateral for the Retail Division. Maintains the integrity of the brand’s look and feel and preps art files for accurate reproduction under the creative supervision of the Sr. Graphic Designer.
- Assist in designing in-store promotional signage, direct mail and collateral
- Prepare boards for internal presentations.
- Produce digital files in accordance with the Production Director’s specifications
- Crop campaign imagery for seasonal window/interior displays and window/graphic billboard rollouts.
- Maintain seasonal campaign consistency across all projects and platforms, adhering to brand guidelines and seasonal font and color direction.
- Research and share contemporary trends in graphic design, and help build Inspiration Library.
- Create short videos comprised of stills for digital signage.
- Create and maintain seasonal dashboard of all in-store signage and marketing.
- Communicates directly with Creative Services team, including Creative Services Director, Sr. Graphic Designer, Print
- Production Associate on a regular basis. Communicates with Visual team for window banner and interior rollouts.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must work within specified timelines and budgets.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and accurate.
- Strong understanding of graphic design software, typography and knowledge of printing and digital design processes are required.
- Workload can have very high peaks for specific campaigns and requires the candidate to properly plan schedules and resources.
- Minimum 1 year graphic design experience; Fashion/retail experience preferred
BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent. Portfolio required.
- Ability to work independently, under tight deadlines, with the capacity to take direction and implement the most effective creative solution
- Excellent graphic design software skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Must be proficient in the following applications: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop. Some video editing experience required. Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects preferred.