Digital Marketing Manager eCommerce – Fashion Industry
A career as an Ecommerce Manager or Digital Marketing Manager in the fashion industry can be very exciting and rewarding. As an E-Commerce Manager, you’ll be responsible for the overall success of the brand’s digital messaging. This may include working with affiliates, developing website content, sending out customer emails, placing online banner ads, search engine marketing, social media marketing, updating site content and much more. Check out the sample job description below to see exactly what some of the tasks, responsibilities and job requirements are for a Digital Marketing Manager or E-Commerce Manager in the Fashion Industry.
MANAGER OF ECOMMERCE | DIGITAL MARKETING SAMPLE JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Director of E-Commerce, the Manager of E-Commerce is the marketing force that powers the brand’s business forward in the digital world. An expert in “traditional” web marketing tactics (SEM, Affiliate, Email, etc.), but always on the lookout for new opportunities (QR, Social, Mobile etc.) to grow revenue – both online and offline, you believe firmly that Retail and Ecommerce are collaborators, and you understand the psychology of the fashion consumer.
May optimize search ads, negotiate a contract for a retargeting campaign, build a relationship with a new affiliate, set up an A/B test on an email blast, schedule Facebook ads, and discover a new cutting-edge marketing tactic we’ve never used before. You’re a futurist keeping us one step ahead of the competition and an evangelist pushing for the adoption of initiatives we need.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage brand’s SEM, SEO, Email Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Retargeting, CSE, and other online marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate internally across divisions and externally with brand partners to create compelling and relevant messaging online.
- Manage E-commerce marketing budget.
- Work with agency managing social media to ensure consistency between social and digital marketing spheres.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Journalism, Marketing, PR or Communications) or comparable experience.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in online marketing.
- Strong familiarity with SEM management suites (Adobe, Google, etc.), Email Marketing platforms (Epsilon, Cheetahmail, etc.), Affiliate networks (GAN, Linkshare, etc.), and the other traditional tools of the trade.
- Charismatic and persuasive presentation skills to sell projects to individuals and teams
- Extraordinary communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven multi-tasker that can manage several projects at once under tight deadlines and accommodate rapid changes.
- An analytical thinker who can interpret data at a glance.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the operational skills to ensure self-directed projects and ideas are seen through to execution.
Core Values and Traits:
- Have the ability to take responsibility for results.
- Be responsive and able to address questions and issues every day.
- Be able to recognize the contributions of others.
- Able to recognize success as well as failure and being able to learn both individually and collectively from past experiences, retaining best practices.
- Willing to take risks and create new ways of working together.
- Being capable of changing conventional ways and doing what makes sense even when faced with challenges.
- The ability to take the road less traveled and going beyond current trends to achieve results.
- Have the ability to excite our customers with innovation.
- Able to share opinions and information to work together differently.
- Building trust and cooperation among associates to make important decisions.
- Learning to execute solutions and face difficult problems together.
- Cultivate strength and cooperative spirit.
- Share achievements within and between teams throughout the organization.